Thursday, March 28, 2013

When you want a job so badly but the subject matter is a little...different

Time Out are interviewing me today for a Shopping and Style position. Anyone who knows me will know that I'm interested in colours, textures, fabrics and designs, but have never spent more than £100 on a piece of clothing. Will this automatically exclude me? Most of my favourite pieces were either handmade by friends or found in the bottom of 123 Bethnal Green bargain bin basket. 

So we have a problem.

Do I spend the last few hours before my interview cramming like hell on Mount St. stores and Ledbury Street designers? Or do I just admit that I'm most interested in Food Shopping, Furniture Stores and Pop-up clothes bin shops? 

I have all the skills for this position, I just hope I can twist my interests to fit the evidently fashion oriented post style. It won't be the first time I've tried it. Hopefully, third time lucky. Wish JobHungryGrad luck!

1 comment: